Kasco Scientific Agency commenced operations in Jos in May 1986 as one of the pioneer Information Technology companies not only in Plateau State, but also in Nigeria. We are committed to Integrity and Competence in our service delivery. It started as a computer supplies company but has since evolved to embrace six(6) major aspects described below.
Below: Corporate Training for staff of NIPSS Kuru, 2012
1. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) CONSULTANCY
Kasco Scientific Agency has offered consultancy services to several public (federal, state and local government owned institutions), private organisations, non-governmental organisations and individual clients. Kasco Scientific Agency’s consultancy team deploys the expertise, strategic thinking and hands-on skills to help these organisations/people find the right IT solution to meet their requirements. We help them improve, update or upgrade their current technology, infrastructure, or introduce new technologies as the case may be.
2. IT SYSTEMS SUPPLY, INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE
We help our clients to obtain IT equipment such as computers, scanners, printers, servers, softwares, modems, Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSATs), Internet Protocol (IP) Phones, IP Cameras, etc.
We also offer free after sales service for a specified period, after which we charge an amount for the service.
3. IT TRAINING (CORPORATE & PRIVATE)
This is our greatest area of strength. We are one of the pioneers of the concept of corporate training in Plateau State, Northern Nigeria and indeed the entire country. In the late 1980s, even when Apple Computers were more commonplace than present-day IBM-compatibles, we started organising corporate trainings and individual training programmes. We started with the regular Summer Holiday Computer Bootcamps for Kids at the Hill Station Hotel, Jos and we moved these individual and corporate trainings to the our corporate headquarters once we developed sufficient interest in the populace. This pioneer status opened a lot of doors all across the country and even led to our Chief Consultant (Mr. Oludare O. Adeluyi) being invited to deliver lectures at the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies Kuru.
The IT training industry is dynamic and, as such, training and retraining needs to be done to catch up with the frenetic pace of evolution in the industry. Our staff have attended a plethora at home and abroad in all the continents of the world. We tailor most of our training along the lines of industry-standard certification courses.
Some of our training modules include:
1. Computer Fundamentals
2. International Computer Driving Licence(ICDL)- It covers Fundamental Concepts of IT, Microsoft Office(Word, Excel, Access and Powerpoint), Introduction to the Internet, Using Internet and E-mail, etc.
3. Cisco Related Networking courses (Cisco Certified Networking Associate, Cisco Certified Neworking Professional, Wireless Networking, etc.)
4. Programming (ASP.NET, PHP, SQL, ActionScript, Lotus Script, C++, Perl, HTML, etc)
5. Hardware Maintenance (A+)
6. Web Development (Frontpage, Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Java, mySQL, etc.)
7. Specialised courses (Open Source, Virtual Library, Statistics, Googling the Web, etc).
Right now we are the Nigeria and Cameroun partners of the global e-Learning giant- Mindleaders© .
4. WEB-BASED SOLUTIONS
The Internet has revolutionised how we do everything. Kasco Scientific Agency assists her clients to leverage on the benefits of the Internet to enhance their productivity. An in exhaustive list of our web-based solutions is shown below:
• Website Development
• Web Hosting
• Digitisation of Archives
• Workflow Which Works! Based on Lotus Domino and Domino.doc document management
• Virtual Library Deployment
5. SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
Many organisations have called on us to provide software solutions for them. These assignments fall under one of these three categories:
• Deployment of an off-the-shelf software
• Customisation of an existing software to suit their needs
• Development of a software from scratch that will be tailored to meet their needs
Information Technology has warmed itself into the hearts of many organisations because of the prospects of sharing resources among several users. Networking makes this possible. Kasco Scientific Agency plans and implements networking and security solutions for her clients.
These include the design and implementation of the following:
• Local Area Networks (LANs)
• Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs)
• Wide Area Networks (WANs)
• Virtual Private Networks and
• Grid Networks